Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Heart Los Girasoles

And I'm not talkin' about the sunflowers, either. I was having a rather 'bad' day eating-wise...but I still did not go over my points! This is mainly because I worked them off at the gym...just barely.

Anywho, I took off from work a bit early today because it was rather nice and I thought I might go to the gym or for a run or something of the sort. However, I was famished because I did not properly pack a lunch and then came Los Girasoles.

I was just minding my business at good ole Silverton Wamu when I stepped outside and smelled the damn cafe from across the street. I couldn't help myself. Now that I am eating beef again, one of my first thoughts was to go get a beef burrito...which I hadn't done since senior year of high school.

I went inside and the little one that Angie, Annabeth, and I used to poke fun at was all grown up! I told him I hadn't been in there since high school and the delicious pastries case was staring me right in my flabby abdomen.... but I withheld from the pastries. I thought I could wait until Angie and Annabeth are back in Silverton sometime in the next eon or so.

I ordered a Beef Veggie Burrito to-go. It was ready in a jiff.

It was 20 points.

It was freaking glorious, and a bit nostalgic.

I heart Los Girasoles.

-----------

Oh and speaking of nostalgia....Angie, your old house is for sale. Saaad.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aahhh, Los Girasoles. I always want to go there and get a super tasty chicken burrito, but usually when I'm in town I'm there to eat dinner with my family, and their burritos are a bit large for a before-dinner snack. Someday, I'll go again.

I'll need you to inspire me to get to the gym after, though, Cass. (speaking of which, they're selling Total Body, did you know that? To the guy who owns Nautilus)

Angela Sowa said...

oh my god. I freaking heart Los Girasoles, and I'm so mad that I haven't been there the last few times I've gone to Oregon. I was going to take Travis there over Christmas break, but we ran out of time. We had some good times there. I always got a cheese quesadilla and smothered it their green sauce, and I would get what Annabeth so delicately termed their "cum-filled" pastries. Delish!!! Oh Annabeth, things will never be the same, especially if you bring your BABY when we have a reunion there...